Covid19 Sample Collection Management System
At the start of the COVID-19 epidemic, the challenge was to normalize the set-up of model data from various Tests conducted across the nation. ICMR planned the Specimen Referral Form (SRF) for use with each COVID-19 sample; NIC developed the RT-PCR and RATI mobile apps on Android, iOS, and Windows mobiles for ICMR along with the web portal to white-list phlebotomists (sample collectors) for using the mobile apps and web-portal.
RT-PCR App is a handheld tool for the Medical Staff at Covid Sample Collection in Amritsar Centre spread across the nation. The Sample Collection Facility will be sending the model for a different type of sampling to ICMR labs conducting the RT-PCR test for verification of COVID-19. An advance allusion is being shared throughout the App with ICMR. On successful saving, any sample, the Collection Centre and the User can observe the collection details.
Salient features of the system include:-
- Robust, consistent Cloud infra, with idleness, zero down-time, and region-wise Databases with receptive portal and apps, tested for 50,000 concurrent users
- Single sign-on using Government-certified email IDs and Mobile number-based access for Labs (involving Private), Collection Centres, and Sample Collectors
- Widespread training material, videos, FAQs
- SRF data is available on a real-time basis by ICMR Labs. Data Analytics, Auto Alert SMS/ Emails, and GIS integrated
- Selection to enter offline data after production of SRF-ID
- Configurable- Skip Patient OTP for confirmation and warning on multiple usages of the same patient’s mobile
- RT-PCR, Rapid Antigen and Rapid Antibody tests covered
The App has acknowledged different accolades recently, which include:-
- Gold Icon Award at the 𝑫𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂 𝑨𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅s 2020 under 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐜 category.
- CSI Award of credit in 18th CSI SIG eGovernance Awards 2020.
- Gems of Digital India Award 2020 at the SKOCH Smart Governance Awards.
- The bulk of the States / UTs makes use of RT-PCR apps to gather COVID-19 samples data.
- ICMR labs with sample data to penetrate results.
- Right patient mobile, Geo-tagging & sharing with Arogya-Setu mobile app is helping in contact-tracing and identifying repression zones.
- Download facility enables Health officials, Labs, and Collections Centres to employ the SRF data in their own apps, saving data entry efforts.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been bare to people who have symptoms or have tested positive, you would like to get tested. This test detects the occurrence of the actual virus’s inherent material. You will recognize if you are COVID positive so you can take timely action to self-isolate and get the exact cure. It is the most consistent and accurate test for detecting active illness in the body. Getting tested for COVID-19 is required if you are traveling to certain states. Each state has diverse rules and necessities for the RT-PCR test. Be informed about these rules and travel accordingly. This test has become vital to keep yourself and others around you secure as there has been an augmenting in the number of active cases in India.