Clinical Laboratory in Amritsar
Clinical laboratories are healthcare facilities providing a wide variety of lab procedures that help physicians in carrying out the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients. These laboratories are manned by medical technologists (clinical laboratory scientists) who are trained to do various tests on samples of biological specimens collected from their patients. Most of the clinical labs are located within or near hospital facilities to give access to both physicians and their patients. Classifications of clinical laboratories indicated below disclose that these facilities can provide quality lab tests that are important for addressing medical and public health requirements. The list below should not be utilized as a fixed guide for classifying clinical laboratories because of new areas incessantly arising in the field of lab medicine.
- According to ownership – can be government-owned (public) which is typically part of hospitals and medical centers under the section of pathology or lab medicine, or can be a private facility as part of a privately-owned medical/healthcare institute.
- According to function – can be an all-purpose Clinical Laboratory in Amritsar that offers common diagnostic lab tests; or can be a forte laboratory that provides disease-specific diagnostic and confirmatory tests
- According to test specialization – facilities can supply tests on a meticulous field of interest listed below:
- Clinical Chemistry
- Clinical Microbiology
- Clinical Microscopy
- As part of the laboratory network – these facilities work in a synchronized manner which is usually managed and supervised by authorities at diverse levels of the network.
- Peripheral laboratories – present routine screening, analytical (e.g. conventional and rapid diagnostic tests), and follow-up tests for patients; typically situated in a society where people can access its services.
- Intermediate-level laboratories – can be at the district, local and regional-level facilities; may conduct additional tests than those provided in peripheral laboratories, and can serve as referral laboratories for special cases, aside from performing tests, they carry out management and supervisory tasks under specific areas of authority.
In the past, the value of clinical laboratories as an essential part of the healthcare system was not well realized. Throughout time, more physicians have accepted the requirement for lab tests to verify their diagnoses and to support the monitoring of their patients as to their reply to therapy. Aside from its known value to entity patients, the function of clinical labs was also used for screening and scrutiny of diseases important to public health. On a larger scale, program managers used some relevant tests as surrogate indicators to assess the progress of public, international, and global health programs.
Clinical Laboratory in Amritsar does testing in a logical and strict manner. Generally, there are three phases of the lab testing process that each facility should pursue. Whilst the clinical laboratories, particularly in the modern-day era, are usually known for their state-of-the-art laboratory machines and instruments that do the bulk of actual sample testing, these facilities still heavily rely on the lab professionals that guarantee that results are accurate and reliable.