Basic Of Microalbumin Creatinine Tests Ratio And Results
Urine Microalbumin test to detect blood proteins (albumin) in smaller amounts present in urine. This test is used to detect early signs of damages in the kidney and in people who are at risk of developing the diseases in the kidney.
Healthy kidneys filter wastes from the body and live on healthy components, including proteins such as albumin. The kidney can be damaged causing proteins to leak through and exit the body in urine. Albumin is the first protein out of any other which leaks when damages occur in kidneys.
Microalbumin tests are recommended for people with increased risk of kidney diseases like those patients who have diabetes or high blood pressure.
WHY IT’S DONE?
Doctors recommend a urine microalbumin test to determine early signs of kidney damages in the Best blood testing lab in Chheharta. Treatments may prevent or delay the advancement of kidney diseases.
As to how frequently you need to get this test done depends on enlisted conditions and the risk of kidney damage.
- Type 1 Diabetes: If you have this disease then your doctor might recommend a microalbumin test once a year after five years of the diagnosis.
- Type 2 Diabetes: In this case, the doctor may recommend you this test once year rights after you are diagnosed with any kidney damage.
- High Blood Pressure: If you have high BP, the doctor advises the test more regularly.
If the level of microalbumin in urine is elevated then the doctor might recommend further and frequent testing for the same and some treatments might be advised as per need.
However, the recommendation and prescription must be written and compiled by the professionals only.
There are no previous preparations which are advised by the Best blood testing lab in Chheharta. However, the directions of doing the tests may changes from patient to patient.
RECOMMENDED WAYS FOR THE TEST
Best blood testing lab in Chheharta may ask you to collect your sample in a different frame of time as needed, here are the most commonly used sets:
- 24-HOURS URINE TEST – A doctor can ask the patient to collect all their urine in a container for over 24 hours and submit it for further research.
- TIMED URINE TEST- In this case, the doctor can ask you to provide a urine sample first thing in the morning and maybe after 4 to 5 hours period of not urinating.
- RANDOM URINE TEST- A random test can be taken at any time in the whole day but to improve the accuracy of results, it can be combined with a test for creatinine (a waste product usually filtered by kidneys) as well.
After you provide your samples, you can go back to your usual activities immediately without any restrictions.
RESULTS OF TEST
Results of the microalbumin test are measured as milligrams (mg) for protein leakage over the 24 hours in general.
- If the results show 30mg leakage then it is considered normal,
- Thirty to 300mg can indicate the early signs of kidney diseases also known as microalbuminuria,
- However, more than 300mg indicates highly-0advanced kidney diseases of microalbuminuria,
If the microalbumin level in urine is higher than normal then the doctor might recommend repeating the test.
Several causes related to these tests result showing abnormal microalbumin leakage, according to the Best blood testing lab in Chheharta, are:
- Blood in urine
- Certain medications
- Vigorous exercise (recent)
- Infections in the urinary tract
- Some other kidney diseases.
The above-mentioned microalbumin creatinine tests ratio and results by Best blood testing lab in Chheharta can be of great help and help in reconsidering the danger which you might face.